How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4953
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I'm 68 old years and have just been made redundant after

This answer was rated:

Hello, I'm 68 old years and have just been made redundant after working full time. The company went into liquidation and the redundancy payments are in the hands of the insolvency service. Could you please tell me who I have to inform of my change of working circumstances - is one of them the DWP as I've been drawing my state pension whilst working. Also do I need to inform the Jobcentre as requested by the receiver as I've decided to retire from full time working and ,of course, cannot claim jobseekers allowance because of my age.
Yours sincerely,
Hello Robert, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You are perfectly entitled to draw your State Pension whilst continuing in employment. Your State Pension is, of course, taxable, but paid gross, usually resulting in a downward adjustment in your tax code to make you tax neutral at the year end. There is no requirement to tell anyone of your situation. The receiver's comment is a stock one to all customers, he or she hasn't noticed that you are over the age to receive JSA! I do hope that my reply has shed some light on your position.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support