How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5152
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am UK resident working overseas no UK company so no

This answer was rated:

I am UK resident working overseas for a no UK company so no PAYE is deducted. Hypo tax is deducted from my salary at source. Under the foreign page in Self Assessment do I enter the Hypo tax deducted as foreign tax paid and claim tax credit. HMRC help line said yes but I am just checking. I am paid in $US
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.
You should enter foreign tax paid on your earnings abroad and claim foreign tax credit relief by completing supplementary pages SA106 - Foreign. Earnings would have to be reported under Employment pages as explained on page FN11 of SA106-notes here
HMRC helpline gave you correct advice.
I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you