How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4773
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

The income company is derived from Health & safety

This answer was rated:

The income for our company is derived from Health & safety Training and administrative support for an apprenticeship scheme.
How do we know what is vatable and what is not?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. HMRC advice on this is as follows: 'Education, vocational training and other connected services provided by an eligible body like a school, college or university.' Your company does not come within that definition for its services to be exempt from VAT, so the supply is standard rated and VAT should be charged at the standard rate of 20%. However, there is no requirement for an organisation to register for VAT unless the turnover in one year approaches or exceeds 82K. All your company's activities are standard rated and will remain so until you come within the 'eligible body' envelope. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.