How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17625
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Could you please let me know if non-UK residents will now

This answer was rated:

Could you please let me know if non-UK residents will now be charged capital gains tax on any increase of the valuation of properties that they let out from April 2015?
HelloYour rental income is taxable even if you are non resident in the UK. You’ll usually have to pay capital gains tax when you sell the property you have been letting. A disposal is when the contract to sell the property is agreed (often called ‘exchange’).Capital Gains Tax is calculated when you sell not when the valuation has increased and you continue to own the property.If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you