How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Dear *****! I Live in Egypt under a tourist visa not a

This answer was rated:

Dear *****! I Live in Egypt under a tourist visa not a resident one - does this make a difference? work day relief - do i tick his box? am i eligible or is this not relevant to me as do not pat tax in Egypt? am i claiming on a remittance basis?
Thanks for your question and asking for me
No it makes no difference under what conditions you lived in Egypt (so whether permanent or temp or tourist visa) - the forms are to assess your UK tax residence position for the year based on time spent where
No you do not need to answer workday relief on Page 1 of the SA109 that will not apply to you.
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you