How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4783
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Hallo there . I am Neil Alexander, Chair of very small group

This answer was rated:

Hallo there . I am Neil Alexander, Chair of very small group in the final processes of application for an account for a Charity with HSBC. The Charity Commission App. is in it's final stages but is need of an accounts number & sort code from the bank! etc
The HSBC who we are applying to Ref.1003432133 / HB /XFATCD requires a Charity Commission number. ''Catch 22'' as we have neither number or account.
There seems to be no way of direct communication on
There is another situation in that we have had an extended & frustrating whole year trying to open the similar account with another bank. Through the help of the Ombudsman we have been given a cheque for £1500 which we are liable to loss given all the paper work etc. Anticipating wisdom beyond our own.
Neil for ''Enabling Positive Futures''
Hello, Neil, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to assist you with your question. My immediate reaction would be to go to another bank, one with a better understanding of the requirements of charitable organisations that is currently being displayed. I moved my personal account from HKBC, who had been my bankers for over 35 years, following a period of sloppy service. Alternatively go into the branch concerned and kick up a stink. Refuse to discuss this privately, let it be done in full view and hearing of customers. You will be surprised how bank staff tend to bend over backwards rather than have their antics exposed to all and sundry. All in all going elsewhere is the solution. I had need to open an account for a charity and my local bank did so on the spot. Just Answer protocol precludes me from naming the organisation, but it was one of the Big Four. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could you suggest some answers to the specific queries.?

I perhaps incorrectly thought you knew something about uk & international tax.

Your question concerned the opening of a bank account with HMRC. No mention is made in your question regarding tax, UK or otherwise, Neil. I have answered your query; seek another bank. I think your rating quite unfair. You have made no follow up questions before giving me a low rating which I suggest should be upgraded.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I'm 79yr old & have been trying with the other bank for 1whole yr so am totally gutted & probably going to drop out of the Charitable effort despite my belief in trying to help kids in versions war situation to be able to facilitating education in versions countries.
So sorry you've picked up the slack. Neil
Well, I am pleased to have been able to give some help.