How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15975
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I'm a director of a limited company and 50% share

Customer Question

I'm a director of a limited company and 50% share holder, I need to complete a SA tax return, Do I declare myself as self employed or an employee of a limited company?
Regards James
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi. You complete the SA102 employment pages and tick box 6 to signify that you are a director of a limited company. You are not self-employed. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply, does having shares in a limited company make it a "close company"?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Take a look here for the defintion of a close company: