How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4791
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a neighbour who owns a property in Spain and lives next

Customer Question

I have a neighbour who owns a property in Spain and lives next door to us. We took him to court in Spain because he threatened to kill both my husband and myself.
He swore on oath that he only spends 2 months a year in Spain, 2 months in the USA, 2 months in the UK, 2 months in the Chanel Islands and the other 4 months elsewhere.
He has an English car BMW reg KDS et c. This has never been returned to the UK for an MOT or been for ITV in Spain. A car this age should have had its number plates changed to Spanish.
He must have been stopped twice and had to take his car off the road. It is now behind his gates covered over. He has for 2 times used a hire car.
His name is***** When he first moved in he said he was an accountant and never pays any income tax anywhere, he also claimed he was a multi millionaire. He is over here at the moment and to date he has been over at least 3 month so far, can anything be don please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Your only solution is to denounce him to him to the Spanish tax authorities, assuming that he is your Spanish neighbour. If we are referring to an UK neighbour then report his antics to HMRC. Benjamin Franklin once said that in life there are but two certainties, death and taxes. An individual must be resident somewhere for tax. I do hope that I have shown you a way forward.