How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I live in the Uk but will paid by a Chinese company(

Customer Question

I live in the Uk but will paid by a Chinese company( I will spend 100 days a year in China) who will pay my salary less their tax. Can I get tax full relief in the Uk
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
You will remain resident in the UK for tax purposes under the Statutory Residence Test which you can read here assuming you return to the UK following periods of time in China:
The notes here may be easier to follow:
Article 15 of the UK/China tax treaty deals with income from employment. As you will be working for a Chinese company and you will remain tax resident in the UK, your earnings will be taxable in both countries. However, under Article 22 of the treaty, you will be able to offset the tax you pay in China against the tax you pay in the UK on the same income. The treaty is here:
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.