How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

My wife and I are both 75 years old and are having difficulty

This answer was rated:

My wife and I are both 75 years old and are having difficulty in getting in and out of the bath. Therefore we are having our bath taken out and a shower installed. Please confirm that we will be exempt from VAT and advise how we go about getting an exemption form and do we submit the form to our installer?
Thank you in advance
Tom Tervit -***@******.***
Hi. Print out or copy the text of the form in paragraph 9.3 of VAT Notice 701/7 here and hand it to your supplier/installer. Bathrooms are covered by section 6.3. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you