Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

Can i transfer some of my tax allowance to my wife we are both

can i transfer some of my tax allowance to my wife we are both o.a.p but i am the only one who pays tax i get a full pension but my wife only gets a basic pension.
Thank you for your question.You can transfer up to £1,060 of your personal allowance to your husband, wife or cilvil partner. Provided you meet these two requirements, your wife will be able to transfer her unused personal allowance up to £1,060- your income is between £10,600 and £42,385 .. i.e you are a basic rate tax payer,- you and your partner were born on or after 6 Apr 1935. More information on this can be found here I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Best wishes