How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17645
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

My husband has not been working in the UK last 6 and

This answer was rated:

My husband has not been working in the UK for the last 6 and a half years. He returned to UK 2 months ago. I am unemployed for since beginning of AUGUST. My tax code is 1060l. Would I be entitled to a tax rebate.
Hello1060 refers to their tax-free Personal Allowance, £10,600. The letter L means you’re entitled to the basic tax-free allowance. If your tax code is just 1060L it’s not an emergency tax code. You would not pay tax on the first £10,600. The earnings over the Personal Allowance, will have basic rate tax deducted by their employer.If you overpay tax, then you would have to a tax rebate from HMRC.At the end of the tax year employers will issue P60s to all its employees that will summarise all their income from that job and the tax paid.HMRC also receive this information from each employer. They use this information to check the right amount of tax has been paid and if there have been overpayments, HMRC will issue a rebate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Who claims the marriage tax allowance am I on a single personormarried tax allowance?
You and your spouse can:share the minimum Married Couple’s Allowancetransfer the whole of the minimum Married Couple’s Allowance from one to the otherYour tax code is for a personal amount, yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very happy with this advice will make enquiries. Rate the service as excellent will use again.
You are most welcome.My goal is to give you excellent service.Your positive rating is thanks enough.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you