How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17611
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I was self employed and currently owe 5 years of tax, filled

This answer was rated:

I was self employed and currently owe 5 years of tax, filled with stress and worry I don't know what the first step is to pay for what I owe, I've got all my pay checks and estimated I earner about £40,000 in the 5 years,
who do I talk to to get this sorted?
thanks for you time,
Mr Sawkins
HelloIf you registered fro Self Assessment and you filed but you just did not pay because you did not have the funds, contact HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) as soon as possible.You may be able to either:get more time to paypay your bill in installments by direct debitIf you’ve been sent a payment demand, like a tax bill or a letter threatening you with legal action, call the HMRC office that sent you the letter. Call this helpline, Telephone: 0300(###) ###-#### if you’ve missed your Self Assessment payment date.If you never registered or filed then you need to get those filed as soon as possible.HMRC) will ask you about:your income and expenditureyour assets, like savings and investmentswhat you’re doing to get your tax payments back in orderHMRC will decide whether you should be able to pay immediately - or if you can’t, whether you will be able to get your payments back on track with more time. You need to make contact though. HMRC will take ‘enforcement action’ to get the money - you may be able to avoid this if you contact.
TaxRobin and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you