How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4810
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I want to pay my tax through direct depit. Can u help? im disabled

Customer Question

I want to pay my tax through direct depit. Can u help? im disabled and not very good with computers.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. You can pay your tax in this way. Here is the guidance from Gov UK: 'Set up a Direct Debit through your HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) online account to make single payments for 31 January. Set up another debit before 31 July if you need to make a payment on account. You’ll need to set up single payments each time you want to pay by Direct Debit.' You see that repeated use of IT is needed for this whilst if you have received an assessment from HMRC this can be paid through a bank or even the Post Office. I am so sorry not to be able to give you better news; you cannot set up a direct debit system.