How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I'm self employed and used a credit card to pay off part of

This answer was rated:

I'm self employed and used a credit card to pay off part of my tax bill in January. Can I claim back/offset the interest that has accrued from this payment in this years accounts?
Hi. I'm afraid not. You used your credit card to pay part of your tax bill. Your tax bill isn't an expense incurred "wholly and exclusively" for business purposes. In fact, it's it's not an expense at all. I hope this clarifies things for you but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks, ***** *****'t think so but couldn't find an answer to clarify : )
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you