How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7520
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I want to get a copy of my tax file from HMRC to see exactly

Customer Question

I want to get a copy of my tax file from HMRC to see exactly what is on it. I understand I am entitled to it but have no idea of the proceedure. Can you please advise. Many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the Uk tax experts on Just Answer.
May I ask - did you send in the tax return on parer or online, did you file the return or did an accountant do this for you, and what tax year does this relate to