How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My wife has tax debts can the inland revenue force the sale

Customer Question

Hi my wife has tax debts can the inland revenue force the sale of the house if its in my name ie her husband
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question
I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
Yes they can if they deem your wife to have a beneficial interest in the property, and this would be determined as to whether there was equity in the property and whether your wife contributed (either directly or indirectly through payment of other household bills)
Let me know if I can be of any further assistance