How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4963
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I presently operate my Post Office & Convenience Store business

This answer was rated:

I presently operate my Post Office & Convenience Store business in partnership with my wife. Post Office Limited (POL) have offered to have the contract transferred to a Company provided I am a Director and the majority shareholder.
I have formed a company and opened a bank account and would like to transfer the partnership business into the company with my present vat number going with it.
Can this be done?
POL have asked for a certificate of VAT registration for the new company which I don't have as I will only apply to have the vat number transferred when I know the date the contract with POL will be effective?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. To transfer is perfectly simple, you can do it on line or by post using a VAT Form 68. You can read all about it here: Once you do this you will have a new VAT certificate a copy of which you can send to the Post Office.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.