How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17099
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Sirs, Nat.ins No ZK384323C Tax Ref. 503/W40774 In February

Customer Question

Nat.ins No ZK384323C Tax Ref. 503/W40774
In February I received from you a Tax Code for the year 2015-16 showing the amount which James Hay Pension Trustees Ltd SIPPS are taxing me.
Do I have to complete a tax form this year?
Many Thanks
John Dover
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
HelloMost taxpayers in the UK are taxed at source and so do not need to complete a Self Assessment Tax Return. ‘Taxed at source’ means that the money you receive has already had tax taken off, such as the wages you get from your employer when paid under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.HMRC would send you a notice to file a tax return, either by post or electronically if you were required to file.You might need to tell HMRC if you find out your tax code is wrong.The tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year.If HMRC have corrected your tax code and you’re due a refund, your employer will give you a refund in your pay.