How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5147
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

If I transfer a property into a company, I appreciate

This answer was rated:

Hello, if I transfer a property into a company, I appreciate that there may be Cap Gains tax, can I get relief on this?
Thank you for your question..If you transfer a property into a company, any gain made would be chargeable to CGT.If the property is an investment/let property then you would claim your gains annual allowance against the gain made (current tax year £11,000 per owner) and the rest would be taxed at CGT rate of 18%, 28% or a combination of both.If the property in question is your main residence then the gain woudl be covered by private residence relief. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That I knew, I was wondering if there where any reliefs given the house is currently let commercially and is being transferred into a company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it's not a main residence
Thank you for your reply.There are no additional reliefs available for residential property whether let commercially or by private arrangement, I'm afraid.Sorry, the news is not that favourable.I hope this is helpful and answers your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you