How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5113
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am a director of a Panamanian Company , in 2000 we lent 300k

Customer Question

I am a director of a Panamanian Company , in 2000 we lent 300k pounds to a uk individual
for personal use
It has never been used as a tax deduction
WE took a charge on a parcel of land
to secure the debt
The land is being sold
Are we liable to tax in the UK on the interest ?
We have no business in the UK and no representation in the UK
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.A non resident company receiving investment income (interest on loan to a UK based individual) would be chargeable to UK income tax. It should be declared by completing SA 700 - Tax Return for non-resident company liable to income tax.The return can be downloaded from here guide to how to fill in the NOn-residential Company Tax Return can be found here (look at Boxes 4.1 to 4.4 on Page 14. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.