Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)

I am a director of a Panamanian Company , in 2000 we lent 300k

Customer Question

I am a director of a Panamanian Company , in 2000 we lent 300k pounds to a uk individual
for personal use
It has never been used as a tax deduction
WE took a charge on a parcel of land
to secure the debt
The land is being sold
Are we liable to tax in the UK on the interest ?
We have no business in the UK and no representation in the UK
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.A non resident company receiving investment income (interest on loan to a UK based individual) would be chargeable to UK income tax. It should be declared by completing SA 700 - Tax Return for non-resident company liable to income tax.The return can be downloaded from here guide to how to fill in the NOn-residential Company Tax Return can be found here (look at Boxes 4.1 to 4.4 on Page 14. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.