How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4964
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Carrying on from this scenario. what if the mother bequested

This answer was rated:

Carrying on from this scenario.
what if the mother bequested her shares back to the son.
what is the impact in regards ***** ***** tax.
please do take care that this is shares in a farm.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. The process is entirely reversed and in the long term the shares will be aggregated with her estate for IHT purposes. Providing she has occupied the land for a minimum of two years the Agricultural Relie woll apply viz [source: uk Gov Web site]: 'Agricultural property that qualifies for Agricultural Relief [at 100%] is land or pasture that is used to grow crops or to rear animals intensively. It also includes:growing cropsstud farms for breeding and rearing horses and grazingtrees that are planted and harvested at least every 10 years (short-rotation coppice)land not currently being farmed under the Habitat Schemeland not currently being farmed under a crop rotation schemethe value of milk quota associated with the landsome agricultural shares and securitiesfarm buildings, farm cottages and farmhouses' I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.