How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15975
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Is there a good software package available to keep track

Customer Question

Is there a good software package available to keep track of my share transactions with regard to CGT, Im a private individual with about 50 to 75 share purchases and sales in the year. Some are same day and some are section 104.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi. This site won't allow me to recommend an individual product I'm afraid. The best one I know is only available to businesses such as accountants, not private individuals and is expensive. However, if you google "share portfolio cgt software" you will find several which allow you to set up a portfolio from a point in time, usually the start of the tax year, enter transactions and to keep track of CGT base costs and calculate gains and losses. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had already done the Google search and identified a number of options, most of which require a monthly subscription. What I was looking for was some specific advice on a package suitable for a private investor with a small(ish) number of trades per year, at a very low or zero cost.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
As I said, I cannot recommend any package because I'm not allowed to do so. Since you wanted "specific" advice and I am not allowed to do that you cannot be expected to pay for my answer so you can simply leave the question and ask for a refund of your deposit.