How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5145
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I transferred some of my tax allowance over to my husbands

This answer was rated:

I transferred some of my tax allowance over to my husbands a few weeks ago. His insurance no is YB 284527A (***** ***** Dob 28071946, and I am YS926914A, madeleine James Dob 25021950!, he is working part time, and I see from his last pay slip this has been done, but I retired three years ago, and am only receiving state pension and a small private one. I was wondering whether we could claim back the last three years allowance since I retied, thanking you, madeleine hames .
Thank you for your question.You should write to your tax office and request that your unused tax allowances be transferred to your husband..More information on married couple's allowance for previous tax years can be found here More information on how to make a claim can be found here I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you