How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5115
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

If I become a tax resident of Cyprus and receive UK dividends

Customer Question

If I become a tax resident of Cyprus and receive UK dividends and other foreign dividends would these dividends received there be taxed in any way in the UK? Will your answer be different if i return to the UK and take tax residency after 2 years?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.If you receive dividends in Cyprus as a tax resident of Cyprus from UK based and other Foreign companies, these dividends will not be taxed in the UK provided you are non-resident in the UK.How dividends will be taxed in the UK is changing from 6 Apr 2016 and more information on this can be found here you return to the UK and become a UK resident, then you would be taxed on worldwide income including dividends. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.