How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17159
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I am renting a house

This answer was rated:

I am renting a house at 12 Warwick Place, London W5 5PS and paying a monthly rent of £1,850.00. Can you tell me if the landlady Paramjit Gill (Ms Pam Gill) is declaring this rental income to the revenue commissioners? I would appreciate a reply soonest.
Gerry XXX
HelloUnfortunately an individual's income declarations are not public record. That also means that no one can look into your tax declarations too. They are protected by privacy laws.HMRC may pass on personal information if they have a legal obligation to do so. You can report someone to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) if you think they’re evading tax.Tax Evasion HotlineTelephone: 0800 788 887 Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed.
I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question.
Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for my time.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found your advice "excellent". I contacted the Tax Evasion Office and gave details of the landlady to them. I only want to pay the fee of 50.00 Euro for this advice. I do not require any further advice and do not require any further payments to be deducted from my bank account.Many thanks for your advice,
Gerry Nolan
Thank you.I cannot see your specific account but will pass your request on to Customer Service.