How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17219
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Good afternoon: I am a foreigner and live abroad. I have however

Customer Question

Good afternoon: I am a foreigner and live abroad. I have however inherited a sum of money frozen in a dormant account in a UK bank (International Branch). Am I supposed to pay Inheritance Tax in the UK as I reclaim the money ? Thanks in advance, Ragnar
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
HelloGenerally inheritance tax is paid by the executor using funds from the estate of the deceased. Inheritance Tax is paid if a person’s estate (their property, money and possessions) is worth more than £325,000 when they die. If you’ve received an inheritance, you usually don’t pay Inheritance Tax. If the will says the Inheritance Tax should be paid out of the assets you’ve inherited, the executor of the will or administrator of the estate will usually pay it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. The sum is below the metioned amount. Ragnar
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome.My goal is to give you excellent service.Your positive rating is thanks enough.Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for my time.