How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have not worked years but I am told that my total

Customer Question

I have not worked for eight years but I am told that my total income from employment is
were has this figure come from please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your question - I think what you have in front of you os the annual summary - which is procuced by HMRC just for inforamtion so that any income received/paid/earned is shown where any tax deductions (and National Insurance) has been utilised in government based services.However many of these annual summaries resemble nothing like the actula incomes that individuals have received - see link here from HMRC website re these summaries. You need not so anything this does not mean that HMRC think you have income that you do not - its just their system not being accurate or efficient. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance Thanks Sam