How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5112
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

Can you help me? In Sept I

Customer Question

Can you help me? In Sept I returned to the UK after living abroad since 1999.
I was exempt of UK tax and have not filled in a tax return since leaving UK. I have not worked but receive a work pension.
I have just claimed my deferred state pension which was taxed at source.
These two pensions together exceed my tax allowance, so I know I will pay tax on the balance, my question is which tax office do I inform.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.You may have received some tax coding notification from HMRC. If so, you could write to that office.Alternatively, you can write toPAYE and Self AssessmentHM Revenue and CustomsBX9 1ASUnited Kingdom My advice to you is to retain a copy of your letter to HMRC for future reference. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.