How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I wish to purchase a & business son. Is it true

This answer was rated:

I wish to purchase a B & B business for my son. Is it true that the investment I make in this business will be eligible for inheritance tax relief if I survive for two years?
If you look at the links below you will find some information on IHT business relief:
The gift of a qualifying business asset during your lifetime will only get relief from IHT if your son keeps it or another qualifying asset until you die and you owned it for at least two years before you gave it away.
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you