How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I am a student. I am not doing any job in UK and I am financed

Customer Question

I am a student. I am not doing any job in UK and I am financed by family who live abroad do I have to pay tax in UK
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi. If your family members are simply giving you gifts of money to live on for which you aren't required to work, then you are not required to pay UK tax. However, you should keep a record of the receipts and who paid those sums so that if you are asked you can prove where the money came from. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm just checking in to find out if you need further advice or clarification.