How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17610
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I pay tax by paye. my car broke down so i drew two thousand

Customer Question

i pay tax by paye. my car broke down so i drew two thousand eight hundred and sixty five pounds that i had with liverpool victoria for funeral expensies to buy a new car i was told i must let the tax man know ?. what do ido now ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 2 years ago.
HelloYou’ll need to send a tax return if, in the last tax year you got £2,500 or more in untaxed income. Once you’ve registered, you can send your tax return using HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) free Self Assessment online service.It can take 20 working days (this is usually 4 weeks) to complete the registration process.Fill in form SA1 to tell HMRC that you need to send a tax return.You can use the link below to register