How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4768
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

What have i got to do to close down my company and reclaim

Customer Question

What have i got to do to close down my company and reclaim tax on losses in the final year. How do i advise Co House & HMRC of this striking off
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
I would advise you not to go though the palaver of striking it off, but sell it on eBay; there is a market for second hand companies and you might make a bit on the sale too.
When you make what for you will be your final Corporation Tax (CT) on line return then have the loss carried back against the previous year. The company will then receive a refund of CT already paid. The company is now 'clean' and ready for sale. Alternatively you can sell it with the CT losses which adds value.
I do hope that I have shown you a way forward in this matter.