How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5113
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

If i were acting as a consultant company on site and

This answer was rated:

If i were acting as a consultant for a company on site and want to pay my own tax and insurance and have the flexability to move within that company group as in if they have sister companys and be flxeable
with hour's day's ect, how do i do that?
Thank you for your question...May I know if this is going to be your only source of income?What is your current status?What is the nature of consultancy? Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sometimes that differ's, mostly yes, self employed, its property consultancy.
many thanks
Janet, thank you for your prompt response.As you are already self employed, you have a UTR number and are used to filing self assessment tax return.This is what I would do...I will stick to self employed and trade as self employed. One ought to recognise, as a start up there would be a period when your source of income would be from one client and one should not unduly worry about it. It would be helpful if you got some engagements with the sister company in your first year to enhance your client portfolio.You should invoice your client monthly/periodically for professional services rendered.I would consider having a small trader business insurance to cover public liability and professional indemnity if applicable. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for your reply thats very helpfull for now.
Janet, thank you for your reply and good words.If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service/accept the service I have provided before you leave the site, to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you