How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7520
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am looking to find out if I should be paying lower PAYE

Customer Question

Hi. I am looking to find out if I should be paying lower PAYE contributions as I have income from a property rental that takes me over my personal allowance + part time employment that I currently pay PAYE contributions. I am concerned that I may be currently taxed on the income above my personal allowance and for the part time work. Would there be a different tax code that my employer should use .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Can you tell me how much you earn before tax in each job and what tax codes are being operated against each one please. How much is your annual rental profit?