How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5141
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I'm operating as sole trader and work company that

Customer Question

I'm operating as sole trader and work for a company that deducts my taxes when I invoice them on a weekly basis. I can't find where on the self assessment tax return where I can enter the amount of taxes paid.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.Please clarify for me- Are you in construction industry?- do you fill in supplementary pages SA103 of the tax return? Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
"apologies for not responding sooner and can confirm i am an electrician that works for an electrical contractor who is in the Construction scheme" and in the process of completing form sa103 as part of my tax return
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If you are completing SA103F then you input tax CIS tax deducted in Box 81 - Deductions on payments and deduction statements from contractors - construction industry subcontractors only under section CIS deductions and tax taken off
If you are completing SA103S then it is Box 38 under heading
Losses, Class 4 National Insurance contributions (NICs) and CIS deductions.
I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Expert: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there
Just checking in.
How did things turn out?