How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I made a capital loss on selling a property in Spain a few

This answer was rated:

I made a capital loss on selling a property in Spain a few years ago and have been carrying it forward in my self-assessment form. However this year I have no other capital gains to report so do I still have to fill out the relevant form in order to keep claiming my previous loss? Many thanks.
Hi. You should continue to complete the CG pages. Otherwise, it may be forgotten when and if it becomes usable. You can't rely on HMRC to remember it I'm afraid. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks for the quick reply.