How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4944
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have been in Saudi Arabia working 3 years . I

This answer was rated:

I have been in Saudi Arabia working for nearly 3 years . I have returned to do some training in the uk and I will exceed my 90 days - I intend to expatriate in the next tax year- will I be liable for tax on my previous years income - I will exceed my 90 days by 30 days so I was looked to avoid holiday img for an additional 30 days - please can you advise .
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. The 90 day rule can be averaged over four tax years. So have a look at previous or future tax year's visits and see if you are covered by this concession. There is no exemption or added on time for attending a training course. I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.
It is always worth asking HMRC if there can be any extension to the 91 day rule for training courses. There used to be before the new Statutory Residence Tests were introduced which brought in the 91 day caper.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Delighted to have been of assistance.