How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14164
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am currently a self employed sole trader with most of

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am currently a self employed sole trader with most of my income coming from employment. If I switch from sole trader to limited company would I be able to apply the Worldwide Subsistence Rates on overseas travel and food costs in future, or are these only for people in employment / employers? I work as a conference host / speaker so need to know the most expedient options in terms of claiming future expenses as a UK tax payer. Thanks.
Thanks for your question
No these would still not be allowable - as you are the sole employee of your on limited company I am sorry
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you