How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4945
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now
This answer was rated:

I an Indian citizen & resident. I had setup an IT

I an Indian citizen &... Show More
I an Indian citizen & resident. I had setup an IT services company in UK in Dec'14. Its a Limited company and I am registered for VAT as well. I am the sole Director and Shareholder
I have a separate company in India. Since the company in UK is being run from India utilizing my and services of others who are employees of Indian company, so I want to invoice the UK entity from India.In this situation can I take salary only from India and not UK. On doing this do I still need to file a personal tax return in UK?Idea behind doing this is to avoid filling in UK and keeping the personal return filling simple in India. Because India requires reporting world wide personal incomes.Thanks,
Show Less
Ask Your Own Tax Question
Hello Arun, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question.
You can certainly do this and the sum invoiced will be allowable against UK Corporation Tax (CT) for the UK Company.
As you will have no income from the UK and are a non resident there will be no requirement for you to render a tax return here. In fact most countries are the same requiring residents to declare all income world wide.
I do hope that you find my reply of assistance.
Thank you fur your support.