How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14192
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I've asked a couple of UK tax questions in the International

This answer was rated:

I've asked a couple of UK tax questions in the International Tax section as this is a US-based website.
Or should I ask them in the Tax section?
I don't know which section UK-based tax advisers are lurking.


You are in the Uk tax section with this post - how Can I help? (I am Sam)

Thanks Sam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great, thanks.

This is a question about the UK Tax Voucher scheme for UK share dividends received by a UK resident.

If the tax vouchers for 2014/15 have been mislaid, how should this be dealt with on a UK tax return, due the end of this month?

Thanks for your question (I have just answered the one about capital gains tax)
The dividend amount would have been a cheque so you just find the bank account this would have been paid into and then this is the figure NET - and the online return will gross this up - (so you just put the net figure which is what you actually received) on the tax return
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the online return require the name of the share?

I haven't got it open at the moment.

No just the total net position of all dividends received in the year in question
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you