How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17624
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I am registered disabled and have a blue badge. I am having

This answer was rated:

I am registered disabled and have a blue badge. I am having two windows replaced and the company that is selling/installing them stated that when I have the VAT invoice I can request a VAT refund on this transaction. I am not a company, I am a pensioner.
J Aldous
HelloThe Value-Added Tax (Refund of Tax) (No. 15) Order, 1981, did provide for the refund of VAT on certain aids and appliances for use by disabled persons.Examples of eligible goods are:• Necessary domestic aids (e.g. drinking and eating aids designed solely for the disabled)• Walk-in baths designed for the disabled,• Commode chair, etc.,• Lifting seats and specied chairs designed for the disabled,• Hoists and lifters designed for invalids including stair lifts,• Communication aids designed for those unable to speak.When the supplier does the work for you they are not supposed to charge you the VAT if you give them a statement.You do not have to pay VAT and then reclaim it from the government. But only on allowed purchases.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you