How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17610
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

If I have costs and receipts that weren't submitted in a previous

This answer was rated:

If I have costs and receipts that weren't submitted in a previous years self assessment tax return, can I submit them in the current or future years self assessment tax return?
The costs are in relation to a rented property.
HelloYou may claim expenses from the total receipts of the business for that year. In other words, the expenses for the year are claimed against the income for the same year. You cannot include receipts form one year on the next year.If you need to make a change to your tax return after you’ve filed it, eg because you made a mistake or omission, either:update your return within 12 months of the original deadlinewrite to HMRC for any changes after 12 months
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you