How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I work small start-up company and was a founding

This answer was rated:

Hi - I work for a small start-up company and was a founding member. I currently hold an executive level appointment (Chief Technology Officer). Last tax year I purchased an iMac computer for home which is used 80% for work. It is essential that I have a computer at home to write project proposals for external clients. Is this tax deductible in my self assessment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Look at the notes here:
In particular, you can claim an Annual Investment Allowance of 100% of the cost of the item less any private use. See EIM36605 here:
I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Put the capital allowance claim in box 20 here:
and refer to it in a note in box 19 of page TR7 of the core SA100 tax return here:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Would you mind rating my answer before you leave the site please.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you