How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5113
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have a buy to let property. the current debt on it is

This answer was rated:

i have a buy to let property. the current debt on it is around 50k the property is worth 400k(ish). i want to remortgage to 150k so i can clear the 50 debt then use the 100k for my sons education. the 100k would be put into my partners account. my question is when you remortgage do you get taxed with capital gains tax in the remortgage.
thank you
Thank you for your question..You do not get taxed when you remortgage a property.CGT is payable on the gain when the property is sold. I hope this is helpful and answers your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.
best wishes