How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7519
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am well aware of the basic expenses one can claim against

Customer Question

I am well aware of the basic expenses one can claim against capital gains - the issue is whether I could get any reliefs in selling a paddock 0ver0.5 hectares from a property where the paddock was incidental and was over 1.5 hectares in total
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks for your question You could get a % of the costs to buy and then of course all the costs to sell initially - but what was the land sold for and did you better the paddock or land in any way that make the sale value higher than it would have been?Was the paddock used for personal or business uses? Thanks Sam