How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17179
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Iam a retired UK/ Canadian all my income is Canadian pensions

This answer was rated:

Iam a retired UK/ Canadian all my income is Canadian pensions I have been living here for 10 years and have submitted a tax return every year and paid tax twice yearly in advance I am returning to Canada shortly and will put the leaving date in my next tax return.however what other forms will I need as a P85 wouldn't apply to me.I will be cutting my ties completely.with the uk
I assume my husband does all his separetly and is not involved in my paperwork
HelloAs you are leaving and do not receive a P85 your advisement on your Self Assessment would be enough.You will need to send your SA by post. Complete the ‘residence’ section in your tax return (form SA109 if you’re sending it by post).Your husband would not be involved in your information. You each would send your own.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Robin.I thought there was some sort of form asking me wether I would be returning for visits wether I had left property here etc which on both counts are no.
No.If you did have UK sourced income then you would just continue to be taxed when you left. This happens most often on rental.