How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4959
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I run a Retreat and Conference Centre. I hope to install a

This answer was rated:

I run a Retreat and Conference Centre. I hope to install a new Energy Saving Boiler do I pay VAT on this?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Although energy saving products can attract a reduced rate of VAT [5%] this only applies as follows [source: Gov UK web site]: 'You pay a reduced rate of VAT (5%) when certain energy-saving products are installed in your home.' As these premises would appear not to be your home then the installation would be standard rated [20%]. The same source advises that: 'You pay the standard rate of VAT for:heating appliances or systems - unless you get an energy efficiency grantenergy efficient boilers'I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.