How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17198
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

German VAT. A tour operator arranges a trip that passes

This answer was rated:

German VAT.
A tour operator arranges a trip that passes through Germany on its way to a final destination. The tour operator (uk limited company using TOMS to account for VAT) uses a UK based coach operator (no connection other than supplier).
Is the tour operator liable for german sales tax on the proportion of the cost of the trip through Germany
HelloVAT is payable where the supplier is established (so a UK supplier will account for UK VAT) rather than where the service is consumed. Otherwise, under the normal EU VAT rules, suppliers could have a liability to register and account for VAT in each EU member state where any travel service is consumed.If the tour is sold in the UK then UK VAT is applicable under TOMS accounting. Germany received a reasoned opinion (request) from the European Commission to bring its Tour Operators Margin Scheme (TOMS) into line with the EU.In summary VAT in UK for the tours.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you