How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4799
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have been paraplegic since 1956. I have always been tax

Customer Question

I have been paraplegic since 1956. I have always been tax exempt but one of the banks is insisting that I pay tax.
Could you please advice me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I am intrigued, why do you thing paraplegics should not pay tax; I can find no guidance to that effect? I am also confused as to why your bank is involved at all save in the matter of tax on interest which can be quickly resolved by you serving that organisation with an HMRC Form R85. If they do deduct tax then you can reclaim if from HMRC at the year end on your annual self assessment tax return. I do hope that I have been able to show you a way forward in this matter.